Friday, February 27, 2015

New game: Apex brings dinosaurs to deck building

There is no good reason for this post other to point out this arrived in the mail today:


Sorry for the poor-quality cell phone picture. What you're looking at is the box art for the new dinosaur-themed deck-building card game Apex. I previewed this game in March of last year when it was up on Kickstarter. A year later, it has arrived in the mailboxes of backers. My version was only available through Kickstarter; the retail version will look slightly different. That said, I'm not sure how easy it will be to find in stores. The game's creator underestimated production and shipment costs, so Apex came out much later than originally promised. I only received my copy as early as I did by forking over some extra cash. A handful of copies were made available through an online retailer but they quickly sold out. (EDIT: Looks like you can order copies of the game through the creator's website: www.diehardgamesllc.com)

I hope to post a review in coming weeks once I've had a chance to play Apex a few times. One thing I can say now is the artwork is amazing. Instead of subjecting you to more bad cell phone photos, check out the photo gallery at BoardGameGeek where other gamers are posting pictures.

In the meantime, if you are looking for a paleontology-themed card game you can find in stores, then give Evolution a try. I haven't played the game but it has been getting positive reviews, and the artwork is spectacular.

1 comment:

DIO1337 said...

ISC888 คาสิโนออนไลน์ บนมือถือ | เว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์ สล็อตออนไลน์ บาคาร่าออนไลน์ เกมไพ่ แทงบอลออนไลน์ หวยออนไลน์ สูตรบาคาร่า ฟรีเครดิต 30% ค่าคอมมิชชั่น เยอะ และ ดีที่สุดอันดับ 1 ใน เอเชีย